Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ka

So recently Tyler got me hooked on the gunslinger books by Stephen King, AKA the Dark Tower series. I have to say that these books are the most interesting and original stories that I've ever read. I would describe them as a mix of fantasy, sci-fi, and kick ass western. I've read through the first 4 quite quickly, and I've completed about half of the 5th book. There are 7 total.

When i recently heard that Stephen King was teaming up with Marvel to do a comic series related to the Gunslinger's story, I couldn't wait to get my hands on them. I received the first two issues of "The Gunslinger Born" in the mail on Friday, and they did not disappoint one bit. The art is fantastic, and the writing is on par with what I would expect in a comic adaptation. The Gunslinger Born is a mini series of 7 issues, and I look forward to reading the next 5 issues.

Here's a sketch I did this morning (oh wait, it's almost 5 pm, guess it's not morning) inspired by issue #1's cover.

0 comments: